- Used t-shirt
- Fabric scissors
- Start by cutting the bottom hem and the top portion (across width at armpits) off the t-shirt.
- Cut the remaining portions in about 1/2 inch strips (After being cut, the fabric strips will be in a loop.)
- 12-14 strips is enough, more for a thicker scarf.
- Gently tug the fabric loops so that they curl, making sure that all the pieces are about the same length after stretching.
- Holding all strips, use the scissors to cut through all of the loops at one point, making them into long strips.
- Set one strand aside.
- Use a table or something heavy to anchor the strips. Leave about a foot of fabric on the end that is anchored, and begin braiding. Braid until there is about a foot left of fabric on the other end.
- Use the spare strip that you set aside to tie the braided pieces together.