- Old, broken crayons
- Metal cookie cutters
- Cookie sheet
How to Recycle Broken Crayons:
*Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Peel all the paper off of the crayons.
- Wrap aluminum foil around the bottom of the cookie cutter.
- Fill the bottom of your cookie cutter or silicone mold with the broken crayons of any color.
- Put the cutter or silicone mold on a cookie sheet (optional: put parchment paper down so reduce mess)
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven for 5 minutes. (Cooking times vary. 5 minutes works in my oven but you may need to adjust time accordingly.)
- Take out the cookie sheet and let it cool. For faster cooling, stick it in your freezer or, if it's cold enough, stick it outside!
- Gently pop out the crayon from the mold. (It may take a little force, but be careful not to break them!) And enjoy!