- 175 wine corks (and maybe a few extras in case of mistakes)
- hot glue gun and sticks
- non-adhesive shelf liner, or no-slip ribbed rug grip
- knife & cutting board
- yard stick
- sand paper
- Cut each cork in half length wise (hotdog style), and sand the bottoms until they are flat.
- Arrange the corks into a large rectangle with the flat sides facing down. Make sure it is as close to a straight rectangle as possible.
- Measure the shelf liner to the size of the rectangle that you have laid out.
- Transfer the outer border of corks to the liner and glue those down with hot glue.
- Then, one by one, transfer the other corks so that they are glued down and create the entire mat.