Monday, April 29, 2013

Collage Your Own Box!



My mom works at a medical facility, and she is constantly bringing home these really cool boxes from work.  I'm not sure what originally came in them, but they are perfect for collaging on and creating beautiful works of art out of.

This is what the box looked like before I began:


Materials:
(All of these things are optional.  Use whatever your heart desires to decorate your box!)

  • Old book, newspaper, scrapbooking paper
  • Magazine clippings, pictures
  • Stamps
  • Paint
  • Stickers
  • Mod Podge


How To:
  1. Start by covering the surface of the box by gluing the paper of your choice on it.  (I used pages from an old book to cover mine.)
  2. Paint can also be used to cover the surface.  (I used brown and orange paint for my project.)
  3. Use any magazine clippings, pictures, and other paper to create a collaged look on your box.  (I always say that in collaging, the more stuff you use to "gunk" up the project, the better!  So go crazy with it!)
  4. Seal the finished product with a coat of Mod Podge for protection.
This is what the finished project looked like after I was finished:


I now use this box for nail polish, as you can see!  It's the perfect size to hold all my bottles.






No comments:

Post a Comment