Well, here's a perfect way to make that old, wooden furniture look new and unique.
- Piece of old furniture
- Lots of newspapers (Sometimes, I like to use all comic strips.)
- Mod Podge
- Large paintbrush
- Finishing spray paint (optional)
If the piece of furniture you have chosen to refinish has drawers, start by taking the drawers out. The drawers are a good starting point.
- Use the Mod Podge and paint a layer directly onto the wood.
- Take strips or pieces of newspaper, and apply it to the painted area.
- Apply another coat onto the top of the newspaper.
- Repeat until the whole surface is covered in newspaper.
- Make sure to get air bubbles out from underneath the newspaper. Let dry.
- Optional - spray a coat of sealing spray paint over the surface to prevent damage.
The finished product can look so much better than that old, ugly, wooden set of drawers!